Sunday, 26 March 2017

My order from Köhres

In order to increase my list of weird plants or simply new plants, I've often ordered online. I discovered these website (Köhres) and I decided to give it a go, because they have quite a good selection of cacti and succulents. 
In this order were seeds of Fockea edulis, schizobasis intricata, zygocactus, wittia amazonica, arthrocereus rondonianus, hoodia gordonii, caralluma russeliana, sarcostemma viminale, talinum caffrum and anigozanthos flavidus. 

Here are some of seeds I've received.


 Some are soaking now :)  I usually soak them with tap water, but for the schizobasis, talinum and anigozanthos, I've added some oxygenated water. 
As I have received 100 seeds of anigozanthos, I soaked 50 seeds with tape water for a night and I soaked the other 50 for about one hour in warm water between 50 to 80 degrees Celsius I would say. Then I put them onto the soil (I haven't buried them). Let's see if they will germinate, they usually have a low rate germination.


 I've put the asclepiads and some anigozanthos on a damp paper.


As always the asclepiads are germinating quickly. After the soaking, some had already sprouting (2 fockea, 2 hoodia and 2 caralluma). 2 or 3 more hoodia are germinating but I haven't put them into soil yet. So far only the sarcostemma shows no activity.



No comments:

Post a Comment